In June of 2004, my mother suggested that I make a bunch of truffles and brownies to sell during the Cody Stampede as a way to raise money for a new bronc saddle. I said Absolutely Not! My mom finally talked me into getting a booth at Art in the Park, and that was that.
To create decadent and unique chocolates and desserts in an environmental and ethical manner. Meeteetse Chocolatier is working hard to become a zero waste business. We aggressively recycle all glass, aluminum, plastic and cardboard.
We also use an expanding variety of organic ingredients.
(Meeteetse Chocolatier produces less than 1 bag of garbage every 7 to 10 days)
Meeteetse Chocolatier firmly believes in supporting the community that has so loyally supported us. With this in mind, we have sponsored, donated to and/or supported many charities, groups and organizations including, but not limited to:
- Toys for Tots
- Hole Food Rescue
- Meeteetse Museum
- Friends Of Pathways
- Meeteetse Cupboard
- Habitat for Humanity
- Cody Stampede Rodeo
- Park County Arts Council
- Jackson Hole Juggernauts
- Justin Cowboy Crisis Fund
- Western Design Conference
- Jackson Hole Wine Auction
- Grand Teton Music Festival
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink
- Buffalo Bill Historical Center
- Northwest College Rodeo Team
- National Day of the American Cowboy
- Jackson Hole Historical Society Museum
- Meeteetse Labor Day Celebration & Rodeo
- And many, many other groups, events, scholarship funds, etc.